The Guild’s Policy is in line with Central Council Guidelines and Carlisle Diocesan Policy: Guild Safeguarding Policy 2.1
The following policy statements are available from the Compliance Officer:
- Management and Organisation for the Delivery of a Guild Event
- Guild Safeguarding Policy towards Online Activities
- Guild Policy to Privacy and Data Protection
This is the recommended form for parents/guardians of children to take part in ringing: permission-to-ring-form
This is the recommended form for keeping a record of attendance at Guild events: Guild-Event-Register-Template
These links provide more information:
- Child Protection in Bell Towers (Central Council)
- Safeguarding Children in Towers (Central Council)
- General statement on Safeguarding (Central Council)
- Diocese of Carlisle guidelines
Health and Safety at Guild events
The Guild’s policy is in line with Central Council Guidelines: Guild Health and Safety Policy
The Guild policy refers to several forms. If you are organising a Guild event you can download forms below. They are available as Word or Excel files to be completed electronically. Blank forms for completion by hand are also available.
Health and Safety in local towers
It is expected that a local band will use the safety policy and risk assessment kept by the PCC of the church where they ring. Ringing related activities should be included in the parish documents.
The Guild holds its own insurance policy to provide cover for ringers involved in events not covered by their ‘home church’ policy. Contact the Guild Secretary for details of the policy.